We, Umore Cleantech Consulting, B5-304A, 1600 North Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200443, China are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors.
For the purpose of data protection legislation in the EU, we a “data controller” and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose. Our data protection register entry can be viewed here.
1. What personal data do we collect about you?
There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data from you. We will only collect personal data when it is voluntarily submitted by you to us either by using the forms on our website or when you contact us by other means. We may collect and process the following personal data about you for the following purposes:
Our Newsletter – You can sign up to receive our newsletter, either when you sign up for an account or by clicking on the link on our homepage and inputting your email address. We will not send our newsletter unless you have asked to receive it, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Surveys – If you chose to complete a survey that we invite website visitors and customers to complete from time to time for research purposes we will retain the information that you provide in response to that survey. Please note that not all surveys require you to enter personal data, and they can be completed anonymously.
Contact us – If you contact us via our website or other means of communication to make an enquiry, we will respond to you using your name and the contact details that you provide to us for that purpose. This personal data will be used to answer your questions as completely and thoroughly as possible and will not be used for any other purpose unless you have requested additional services such as to join our marketing list.
Fault reporting - If you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will use the information provided for the purposes of rectifying that fault in accordance with our legitimate interests.
We may also use personal data which you provide to us in any of the ways listed above and in the following ways:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with us or as a result of such contract or agreement;
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- To notify you about any changes to our business or the products offered where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where you have expressed an interest in the same previously or where such notification is required so as to allow us to perform any contractual agreement with you or where you have expressly opted in to receiving such communications.
2. Sharing your personal data with third parties
The personal data you share with us will only be disclosed to relevant employees to be used for the relevant purpose stated above. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party unless one of the following applies:
- On occasion, we need to hire other companies to help us to serve you better and in some of these cases we may need to share personal data that is necessary to perform tasks for us, such as using courier companies to deliver your order;
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where we need to take steps to enforce any agreement which may be entered into between us.
- We are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our staff and others;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer as part of the sale or purchase process and disclosure is required to allow that transaction to proceed; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. Where we store your personal data
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing appropriate security controls to protect your personal data against foreseeable hazards.
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are owned by Alibaba’s AWS service and located in Hongkong.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Data Retention
We will only store your personal data for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. For example:
- Where you have opted in to receive our newsletter or other marketing communications, or where we communicate with you in accordance with our legitimate interests, we will continue to send these to you until you tell us you no longer want to receive them. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link in our communications, by updating your account preferences (if you have an account on our website) or by contacting us.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites as a service to our visitors. If you follow a link to any third party website, please note that such websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. The provision of a link on our site to an external website should not be taken as an endorsement by Umore of that external website, its owners or their products/services.
6. IP Addresses & cookies
We may collect anonymous information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason as detailed in the above paragraph, we may obtain anonymous information about your general internet usage on our web site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. This data is stored in order that we can offer as personalised & tailored a shopping experience to you as possible. Please see our cookies policy for further details.
7. Your personal data, your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for any purpose. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party for such purposes and will only process your personal data in this manner where we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (where provided). You can also exercise that right and your right to object to any other processing at any time by writing to us at the address below.
You also have a right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time, and to have that personal data corrected if it is inaccurate. You also have a right to request that we delete your personal data. Any requests in relation to these rights should be made by writing to us at the address below. You also have the right to request that we supply your data to a third party as part of your right to data portability.
Umore Cleantech Consulting, B5-304A, 1600 North Guoquan Road, Shanghai 200443, China
9. Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our private policy in the future will be posted on this page.